Submitted by: Donaldkk Cox
When toddlers are teething, they drool, are cranky and cry a lot which can be quite an ordeal for parents as well as the babies themselves. Eight teeth that appear first are flat, thin and sharp and are usually for biting other than chewing which are referred to as incisors.They cut through the gums fairly easily and therefore, cause little pain.The second year brings two sets of molars: the bigger and broader teeth that are used for chewing. Unlike the incisors, these teeth cause a lot of pain because they have a hard time breaking through the gum.
Teething toddlers are very hard to please as they easily get irritated and nothing seems to work for them. Try a few tips like,
1. Usually, children will get sleep interruption and cry at night due to pain of teething. Motrin or Tylenol is a good reliever for pain especially just before bedtime.
2. By rubbing Oragel for kids on their gums can help in giving relieve. Be sure to push your finger to the side of the mouth and not in the middle to avoid that hard bite.
3. Rubber toys come in handy and are good for toddlers to chew on. Choose different toys for the child as they get tired with having the same toy all the time.
4. A very good distraction from teething is outdoor activities like outside walks or going to the park often.
5. As your toddler could be looking for more attention at this time, cuddle or nurse them more often than usual.
6. Drooling all the time is part of the teething process. Make sure you dry the drool.To prevent skin irritation, keep a clean cloth handy to dry your baby’s chin. You might also make sure your baby sleeps on an absorbent sheet.
7. When your baby cannot sleep because of teething pain, have him sleep on an inclined position. It will ease the discomfort and pain. To create an incline, you can put a pillow under the baby’s mattress.
Ointments and lotions that claim to soothe the teething pain should not be used for baby’s less than 4 months old at all costs. By numbing your toddlers throat, it can result to chocking since the ingredients contained in them could wash out of the mouth in a few minutes.
As much your friends and relatives could convince you about it, never put alcohol into your baby’s mouth. It is not in order to use a dab of whisky. Alcohol is dangerous to the health of your baby.
After the two-year molars make their appearance, teeth generally take a “rest” for a few years, until the six-year molars and other permanent teeth start doing their thing, sometimes bringing with them memories of the moodiness and other side effects your child went though as a toddler.
Keep in mind that teething will be worse for you than for your baby who might not even remember a thing. Grab that moment when your baby decides to sleep and take a nap too or look for a way to relax. Even at 2 am, teething will still go on.
About the Author: To find out added tips or to book an appointment just click here:
If you need a excellent dentist in Rockville we re happy to serve you.